Monday, November 21, 2011

Sketches at LA County Museum

Here are various sketches, mainly from America which I have been meaning to upload






I fell in love with this Japanese sculpture so I spent about 30 minutes drawing a moderately well rendered piece. I enjoyed the fact that it was called Elephant.







This was one of the Helmets that was designed for the Planet of the Apes. It was at the amazing Tim Burton exhibit




A quick master copy of Jaques Callot's etching which was one of a series of his prints on show in a small exhibit curated by Tim Burton himself! I was also very happy to view one of his pieces in my very own city of Perth in an exhibition currently on display at the art gallery of WA. You should definitely check it out if you have the chance!

PLATES, BLOCKS AND STONES: FIVE CENTURIES OF INTERNATIONAL PRINTS




and here was the front of a canoe from Papua New Guinea which was carved beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment