Saturday, September 18, 2010

Annoying thoughts

To be honest, I haven't been producing as much work as I would like to this year, I've also fallen into extremely bad habits, missing classes, handing in work late, avoiding showing my work to others :(
I think the problem is I've been too self critical and approached my work in a really uptight, tense sort of way.

I read a great quote that a student said their teacher made, something like this
"there should be 10 bad drawings before you produce a good drawing"

This is such a great piece of advice. Everything doesn't have to be a masterpiece, it's really all about experimenting and trying out all kinds of different things.

I think it's also really important to avoid comparing yourself to others constantly, although this can sometimes be a way to help you improve your standard and not become lazy it can also make you loose all confidence in yourself and feel inadequate. I love it when artists support eachother and provide truthful feedback

On a more positive note, my class had their fundraising exhibition last night and we sold nearly every piece, It was such a success and a true team effort! Am so inspired by my classmates. Everyones so supportive of eachother, it's been a nice environment to be around.

Look how many people were there!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment